The answer to the question above (can you benefit from dental implants?) is an easy one to answer: if you are a candidate for them, and you have the oral health needed, you will benefit greatly. In Bohemia, NY, patients of Al Berger, DDS can learn if they are candidates for this advanced treatment, and if so, they also learn just how they benefit from dental implants.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
As your dentist near Bohemia, Dr. Berger will encourage you to consider dental implants even if you have lost only a single tooth. This is because implant dentistry can restore the use of the mouth to the fullest degree possible, but it also preserves the health of the bone and gum tissue too.
As a form of restorative dentistry, implants replace more than just the crown, or upper portion, of the tooth. They replace the entire thing, and this brings a lot of benefits. Just consider:
- Implants can allow you to eat, speak, and appear like you did before you lost any teeth.
- A dental implant preserves your natural and healthiest “bite”, keeping all of your teeth in alignment and preventing any shifting or movement.
- Implants preserve the jaw and gum tissue that would recede and atrophy if that missing tooth was not replaced.
- A dental implant can be used as a support for dentures or a bridge, giving you the benefits of both solutions.
- Dental implants allow you to have a complete and attractive smile.
With that simple list, it would seem as if almost anyone can benefit from dental implants, but there are a few factors to consider that might disqualify you from enjoying the benefits. The following issues may prevent you from receiving implants:
- If you have inadequate bone tissue to support the implant, or you are unwilling to undergo a grafting procedure.
- If you have untreated and uncontrolled autoimmune disorders, diabetes or other health concerns.
- If you have poor oral health and hygiene, including gum disease or other similar concerns.
- If you are a smoker unwilling to break the habit.
As you can see, most of these issues can be addressed. You can undergo a bone graft, quit smoking, work with our team to get optimal oral health, and work with your physician to get any health problems under control. You can benefit from dental implants if you are willing to make some changes.
Contact Our Dentist Near Bohemia for Dental Implants Today!
If you have additional questions about whether you can benefit from dental implants, or about any of the other treatments mentioned here, give us a call at our office near Bohemia, NY at 631-589-2600. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.