Tooth colored fillings offer a number of wonderful benefits that you cannot get from metal amalgam fillings. They require your dentist near Bayport to remove less material from the affected tooth, and they can be matched to the shade of your teeth so that no one can tell that you ever had a filling in the first place. Of course, like other dental procedures, with tooth colored fillings, aftercare is an essential step of the process.
Immediately After Getting Composite Fillings
When you have gotten one or more fillings, follow these important tooth colored fillings aftercare steps:
- Wait until after the anesthesia wears off to chew on the affected side of the mouth.
- Be aware that your teeth may be sensitive to hot or cold foods and beverages. Approach these with care.
- Pay attention to your bite after the anesthesia wears off. If you feel like one of your fillings is hitting first, you should call your dentist near Bayport as soon as possible.
- Some soreness in the gum tissue around the affected tooth (or teeth) is to be expected. If you experience further pain or discomfort, call your dentist.
- Unlike amalgam fillings, you can safely chew on your composite fillings as soon as your anesthesia wears off.
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, and floss at least once daily, starting immediately.
Days and Weeks After Getting Composite Fillings
To continue with your tooth colored fillings aftercare, after the first couple of days, your teeth should no longer be temperature sensitive, and you should not have any irritation in your gums. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, you should get in touch with your dentist to see if there is anything wrong with your fillings.
Contact Our Dental Fillings Dentist Near Bayport
If you have any further questions about tooth colored fillings, aftercare, or any other restorative dentistry procedures, please feel free to call us at Al Berger, DDS in Bohemia near Bayport at 631-589-2600. We have answers for all of your questions about fillings and any other treatment we provide. Contact us today! To learn more about tooth colored fillings, read about the benefits of tooth colored fillings and learn if you are a candidate for fillings.