There is a reason why cosmetic dentistry is the most popular type of dentistry in the world. Our dentists near Bluepoint can help you achieve that Hollywood smile of your dreams. However, there are a lot of misconceptions and misbeliefs about cosmetic dentistry that can lead you down the wrong path. Our cosmetic dentist wants to give you a rundown of the do’s and don’ts for a Hollywood smile.
First, it’s important to know what you need to do to maintain your Hollywood smile. By practicing these simple habits, you can master your cosmetic dentistry look:
- DO use the right toothpaste. It’s important to know what ingredients go into your paste, as some are less healthy than others. Pick out a teeth whitening toothpaste at the store that can help provide an extra layer of brightness to your teeth.
- DO visit your dentist regularly. Our dentists near Bluepoint are happy to assist you with regular checkups. This is important to maintaining a healthy, happy, and bright smile.
- DO brush and floss regularly. Maintaining oral hygiene is important for a lot of reasons, but the more you brush, the more you are defending your new and shiny teeth against decay, cavities, and staining.
Just as important as knowing what to do is knowing what NOT to do. There are many steps you need to take to make sure you aren’t performing these smile-destroying habits:
- DO NOT chew your nails. This is a common problem for those that get nervous, but it’s essential to quit this habit immediately. Nails can crack and damage your beautiful teeth.
- DO NOT drink tea, coffee, or soda. These drinks are full of sugars and dark leafy substances that can easily stain your teeth and ruin its color and structural integrity.
- DO NOT grind your teeth. It may be a hard habit to break, but it’s important that you quit grinding to salvage the longevity of your veneers or inlays.
Achieve Your Hollywood Smile Today!
Are you ready to invest in cosmetic dentistry and achieve your Hollywood smile? Our dentists near Bluepoint, NY are here to help! Visit us in person at Al Berger, DDS or give us a call at (631) 589-2600 to set an appointment. You can also visit our website for more information!